It's a big ole world, best seen on a Harley.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Rednecks, the metric system, and the $18.00 six pack

A discovery I made while on this trip.  Redneckness is universal.  I guess I should not be surprised because the cause of redneckness is not confined to the South.  You can find mindless, toothless folks riding around in rusted out trucks with no mufflers, wearing wife beater t-shirts and 80's Glam Rock blasting from out the cab.  From WY to MT to Calgary, to Alberta, to British Columbia, the redneck way of life is well represented.  One of the best examples I saw was in Alberta.  I saw a guy pulling a travel trailer cut in half lengthwise leaving only the bottom half with wheels.  He had a cow loaded in it and was hauling it somewhere.  I must say that's pretty creative but redneck just the same.
The Metric System was a challenge, especially the speed limit.  Imagine my delight when I saw the posted limit at 110 kph.  Bev did some quick Googleing and figured it was about 70 MPH.  I thought that was bogus and figured to just make up my own speed by just guessing what the Royal Mounties had in mind.  It worked pretty well.  At least I never got pulled over so I did all right.
Gas is $5.00 a gallon.  Good thing we get 40+ miles per gallon.  The dollar has taken a beating as we all know.  I never thought I would see the day where I would but two T-shirts for $100.00. You spend less than that at a Springsteen concert.  Steve and I went to a local liquor store in Kamloops, BC.  We thought a six pack was in order a little spiked lemonade for he ladies. $30.00, holy crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment