It's a big ole world, best seen on a Harley.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back In the Good Ole' USA

July 7

We made it back into the States or South of the Boarder as they say in Canada.  The road to Seattle was a bit tortuous as all the highways in Vancouver were torn up and it began to rain.  We hit some real wet weather about 25 miles from my sisters.  Bad weather in Seattle?  Who knew?  I was really happy to get to Julie's and get off the bike for a break.  Here are some pics of our time in Seattle.  What a great visit.  Lots of great food, drink, (really, really fine wine) and good company.
Public Market.  What a neat place.  
On Lake Washington with my guide Addie.  Cool dog.
Space Needle in Seattle
My newest favorite brew: Moose Drool 
Cigars, wine and the fire ready to make Smores


A little lunch before full bore wine tasting


I think I might try to get one of these casks on the Harley

Bev and Julie on our private tour.            

              
A private tasting with some really, really special bottles.  Very nice indeed.

So, Steve and I head out tomorrow,  July 11 for Denver.  Bev has decided to fly back to Denver with Cheena so Steve and I will make the trip ourselves.  It should take three days, 1,400 miles and it's gonna be pretty hot.  We actually changed our route to include the Big Sky Brewery, where we can see the home of Moose Drool beer and get a T-shirt.

Many thanks to Marty, Julie, and Addie  for the oustanding hospitality.  We had a great time and can't wait to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment